- PADI Rescue Diver ranking
- Minimum 18 years old
- Minimum 40 logged dives
- CPR and first aid certificate within 24 months
- Medically cleared to dive by a physician
- All gear necessary for the course is available for rental. This includes BCD (buoyancy control device), cylinders, regulators, fins. Students are responsible for providing their own mask and snorkel.
Become a Leader and a Mentor
PADI Divemaster is a professional course that teaches you leadership and how to handle yourself with others underwater and in a professional manner. You will mentor with our instructor and over the course of a few months, you will gain the confidence to organize and direct a group during underwater scuba activities.
The course typically takes 3-8 months as you work closely with our instructor and shadow him during class, pool and open water sessions.
The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster:
– Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
– Diver safety and risk management
– Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
– Business of diving and your career
– Awareness of the dive environment
– Dive setup and management
– Mapping an open water site
– Conducting dive briefings
– Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
– Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
– Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs