- PADI Advanced Open Water
- Minimum 18 years old
- PADI Medical Questionnaire
- Gear is provided by the student.
Experience the overhead environment
Cavern Diver is an exciting specialty course that will have you pushing your limits and allow you to develop the skills necessary to explore underwater caverns around the world.
This course will include four training dives over two days. On the first dive, you will practice line handling, reel use and emergency procedures in an open water environment.
On the remaining three dives, you will enter the overhead cavern environment where our instructor will keep you in the light zone and at a max depth of 130ft/40m total distance from the surface. You will focus on the following skills
- Cavern navigation and line protocols
- Planning, organization, techniques, problems, and hazards of cavern diving
- Special equipment use, such as lights, guidelines, reels, and redundant breathing systems
- Air sharing, disorientation, silting, line problems, and other emergency procedures specific to an overhead diving environment
- Silt prevention, buoyancy control, air management and emergency procedures
- Depth and distant limits